Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iMac sleeping during render

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My iMac is now sleeping and renders are stopping. I've had this issue previously and I've mangaed to sort it. Not this time. This has occured since the latest software update.

I have set my system preferences to "Display off" to never, and "Prevent computer fom sleeping when display is off"

Tried having AE foreground, still no luck. Anyone any ideas?

AE 17.0.6

iMac Retina 5K Late 2014

OS Mojave 10.14.6

4GHz i7

32GB Ram

Thanks,  Neil Wieteska

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this only happening with After Effects? Can you pinpoint how long it takes before your iMac will fall asleep? If it's only happening with AE, I wonder if disabling App Nap for it will help: https://www.lifewire.com/control-how-mac-applications-use-app-nap-2260788

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I don't know the answer to either of the questions you ask - sorry.

I'll try as you suggest with app-nap and I'll let you know.

Regards,

Neil Wieteska

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I can't see an option for app-nap as decribed in the link you sent, there is no mention of it in the AE info box - am I missing something?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, I think I remember this now—AE was updated so App Nap is no longer an option, hence why it's not in the properties for AE, but it is for another non-Adobe app you might have.

I think you need to do some tests and figure out how long it's taking before your iMac goes to sleep. Is this happening on all renders or just some? If you leave your computer alone for a couple hours does it go to sleep then? You need to narrow down the factors that are causing the sleep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines