Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

image buffers of size 22576/21795 @16 bpc exceed internal limits

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey

i'm getting this error, i'm trying to understand what it means, and how can i fix it.

i am using the most updated version of AE.

does this error mean there's a picture inside the sequence that's that big or what?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are working too large in your comp. Are you using 3d layers?

You'd need to post more info about what you are actually doing in After Effects, for anyone to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Jools said - you need to provide much more information what you are aactually doing/ trying to do. Damaged footage, excessively large layers and comps, specific effects and a million other things can cause such errors.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you,

i am using 3d layers, it's a templet I've been playing around with so i don't know exactly all the details. however when i tried to export a frame after the frame it crashed, everything was OK, so it's like a specific frame was making this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You need to reduce the complexity of the layers to bring your comp within image buffer limits.

• Simplify layer effects
  • Pre render some layers to reduce the load on your computer.

You can check out Todd Kopriva's response to the same question here.

CreativeCOW

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to tell, but this type of error implies that it is a particular keyframe or object that is causing the problem.

I had a similar problem to this a few years ago. The way I fixed it was by duplicating the project. Calling it test. Then deleting each layer to see which one was causing the error, then test rendering (also stripping out assets). I eventually managed to home in on the layer causing the problem. It happened to be a key frame which was trying to cover too great a distance. This is speculative but it might be the same problem you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very good suggestion Joolsd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solve this yet, Leorbel? Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this error while trying to import a 20000x7599 32 bit EXR image. AE CC 2019 crashes after showing this errorCapture.PNG

SYS info:

Dual Xeon e5 v3

GTX 980TI, GTX1080TI, GTX1060

64 Gigs of DDR 4

Windows 10

AE CC2019

I will appreciate a lot for any resolution.

mano

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try reducing project from 32 bit to 8bit 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with same problems in a 8bit project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same error can any one help me pls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar error message. It only appeared once previewing at full res. Basically I had a simple solid within my comp that was 20000x20000. Once deleted/optimized the comp was fine again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently having the same problem! How did you find out which part of the project was the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey i decrease the motion tile value i was using that effect and now its fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe it will help someone. I got this error too. I hid each layer and found the frame causing the error. Everything worked after I exported it (png sequence), replaced it instead of the one causing the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines