• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image layers to match the length of the Audio layers.?

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my after effects project, I have a folder that contains about 50  audio clips, (3 - 10 seconds in length).  Project001.mp3

I have another folder containing 50 images,  named identically, except the extension.  Project001.jpg

What process could i use to create a single comp of these together, whereby if the audio clips are brought in sequetialy,  the Images, also brought in sequetialy, would  match the length of  the audio clip, of the same name.

Is there a script, plugin, method of achieving this result quickly?

Thanks!
Jeff

TOPICS
Audio , Expressions , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To create a comp from multiple assets in the Project Panel select them in the order you want them to appear in the timeline from first to last then choose File>New Comp from Selection or use the keyboard shortcut Alt/Option + \ and choose the One comp, pick the asset to use for the comp dimension, and choose Sequence layers and set up the overlap. Complete instructions are in the User Guide section of the AE help files.

Screenshot_2020-05-06 17.50.53_r7LH9r.png 

If you want to create a comp from 50 still images in a folder you can do the same thing but you will have to do some math to figure out how long each image will be.  There will be an option for the duration of each still image. Personally I would just choose something like 3 seconds with a 15 frame overlap and then time remap the comp so that it matched the other comp you created. 

The audio layers will probably have to be adjusted a bit manually because there are no standards set for when the audio begins or ends and you may have some undesirable gaps in the audio. 

All of these things can be accomplished when you import the files if you just check create comp after you have selected the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the late reply, Rick.

Thanks for the information.

Was hoping to find a more accurate way of importing audio and images together in sync.

Thanks again!

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines