Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image sequence warning

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

after last update I have an issue with image sequences. Every time I import a sequence, AE continuously (let's say every time I pass from AE to another application and come back) pop up a couple of warning message:

- After Effects warning: Could not open the file [path to img seq]

- After Effects warning: Unable to open the file [path to img seq]. If the file is opened in another application, closing it may resolve the problem.

The file is obviously not open anywhere else.

If I stay and keep on working everything is fine and there is no problem even with the export, but it's kind of annoying.

Anyone experienced the same issue?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't know. You are losing yourself in vague and generic descriptions instead of providing actual useful info like system info, file types of your sequences, storage locations and what apps you zap back and forth to.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mylenium,

for example if I have to switch to Media encoder and back, it gives me a warning, but it happens every single time I focus on something else than AE.

I've tried tiff and jpg sequences, from various sources, my project is on a SATA hdd. the main point is that this behaviour is brand new after last update. I can assume you don't have the same issue. I'm trying to figure out, I'm vague because I still can't understand the warning.

I'm running AE on Win10, if you think I can give you some useful info just ask what you need, or you think you may need to investigate this problem.

Thanks.

Marco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines