• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images and video now importing at 1.33 scale

Engaged ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden, every image and video I import comes in distorted. What causes this and how can I stop it?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on your description it simply sounds like you changed the default pixel aspect ratio in your comp settings or footage interpretation. Check that stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Comp settings. If you have an image or video that has any standard NON-Square pixel aspect ratio frame size AE will assume that the source file is a non-square pixel asset. DVC Pro HD is 960 X 720 with a 1:33 Pixel Aspect ratio so any image or footage imported at that frame size is going to be interpreted with a PAR of 1:33. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are NO choices with 1.0 pixel aspect ratio. Even the "square pixel" choice is 1.33. Nothing that I am importing is anything other than normal, square pixels. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are always choices. Your comps should be using one of the presets. Even if you set a custom frame size you can always choose Square Pixels. 

Screenshot_2020-07-25 22.32.54_42Hr4o.png

If you select footage in the Project Panel and choose File/Interpret Footage from the Menu or press Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd + G you can select the PAR. 

Screenshot_2020-07-25 22.35.42_itzWBR.png

You'll have to show me one of those two panels without options to convince me you cannot choose Square Pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines