• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images not automatically updating

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I installed the latest update, around April 20, my illustrator images do not automatically update when I edit them in Illustrator and return to AE. I have to find the item in the project window, right click and reload. This is very annoying because I am losing gobs of time. Before the update, and in pretty much all versions of AE as far back as I can remember, if you edited one of your footage files (either Photoshop or Illustrator) it automatically updated the link upon returning to AE.

I am on a MacPro with everything current as of today's date. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked this in my system and it works fine and files are being updated automatically as soon as you save (a feature that started at Ae CC). does it happen with all Ai documents? does it happen with Ps documents? try making a new one and retrace your steps? I cannot reproduce this problem. I am using Windows 7 and Ae 14.2, Ai 2017.1

I have to find the item in the project window, right click and reload. This is very annoying because I am losing gobs of time.

instead of doing that, click on any illustrator item from the Ai file (in the timeline or project panel) and press Ctrl/Cmd + E. this will force the link between the two software, and a smart way to work so you won't accidentally update a document the Ae is not using (like a copy for example)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted the whole system, relaunched PS, AI and AE. Opened a brand new AE project. Created a new composition. Imported one image from PS and one from AI. Placed both on the timeline. Went back into PS and changed the color of the object. Saved. Went back to AE. It did not automatically update. Did the same thing with the AI file. It did not automatically update. I'm working small, 1920x1080. Both color spaces in AI and PS are RGB as they should be.

This makes no sense. It's a bug.

Control/Command + E does nothing but jump to AI or PS from AE which isn't any more of a timesaver than what I normally use to navigate between programs which is Command + Tab.

Thanks for your reply, but I'm still hosed here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Control/Command + E does nothing but jump to AI or PS from AE which isn't any more of a timesaver than what I normally use to navigate between programs which is Command + Tab.

Ctrl+E is Edit Original - its purpose is to edit the item in it's original software and is a traditional way to relink the software. seems yours are on the outs, what Os are you using? if you feel this is a bug, submit it here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Command + Tab does the same thing as Command + E.

Anyway, what does "what Os are you using" mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg Vannoy,

OS means "operating system." Did you ever solve this issue? Let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derp, yes of course. His lowercase "s" threw me. I thought he was saying O's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem, by the way, was never solved. I'm hoping that the next update will take care of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same exact issue. I mean exactly. Its been very annoying.  Im in a print shop. I relink hundreds of indesign documents each day with color corrections or simply text correction from customers files. This problem literally sucks hours out of each day in our shop. I wish I could roll back to older versions just so I could avoid this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops. Sorry. didn't realize how old this post was and i don't see an option to delete

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue, always worked for me and now it's just decided to stop.

Help me lord. re-linking dozens of images here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same on AE Beta. Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This occasionally happens when I edit external files. If purging all memory and disk cache doesn't fix it and if I have assigned a minimum of 4GB of ram to other applications in Preferences, I will perform a Save As by pressing Shift + Ctrl/Cmnd + S and replace the original file. This always seems to propagate the update. Starving your other apps for RAM by assigning too much memory to Adobe is a very quick way to run into a lot of problems in the Adobe apps. Even multiples are better than odd numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is also happening with Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines