• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import a Premiere pro project with mkv files in After Effects 2020

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I just spent the whole day doing a music video in Premiere Pro, using mkv files, and I just realised that I could'nt open it in After Effects, because of compatibility problems. Is there any way to open it, or do I have to get After Effects 2019 to make it work ? Thanks

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be no issues opening MKV files in After Effects 2020.  Can you provide more information on the issue?  What are the full specs of your MKV files?  What specific error message or problem behaviour do you get when you try to import the PPRo project to AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Matéo5EA9_0-1600681489837.png

I don't really know the full specs of the mkv files, I just know that I get them by recording my screen with OBS, and that there is no framerate written in the properties of the files. 

The error message indicates :

"After Effects (error) : Impossible to import the file [...].mkv because it's not a recognized type of file."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines