Highlighted

Import Premiere timeline Markers into AE??

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

is there an easy way to export Premiere Pro Timeline markers to Ae?

Premiere can export Markers to .CSV, .TXT & .HTML, the .TXT is not working, sp that leaves us with the .CSV & .HTML, but how can i use this information to convert them to markers in AE?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Import Premiere timeline Markers into AE??

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

is there an easy way to export Premiere Pro Timeline markers to Ae?

Premiere can export Markers to .CSV, .TXT & .HTML, the .TXT is not working, sp that leaves us with the .CSV & .HTML, but how can i use this information to convert them to markers in AE?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 21, 2017 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't. Unfortunately this stuff isn't compatible with each other.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What?!? Mylenium is usually right, so I think he must have misunderstood the question.

You can totally bring markers from Premiere to After Effects!

And you don't even have to export anything.

In AE, go to File>Import>Import Premiere Pro Project

Pick your Premiere Project. (Choose all sequences or whatever - it shouldn't matter.)

If you've left markers on footage, audio, or really any assets on a track in Premiere, you will have markers on the respective layers in AE.

And, if you've got markers on your sequence in Premiere, they will show up as composition markers in AE.

Both of them work and work well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2017 0
Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I said "import" too many times.

File>Import>Adobe Premiere Pro Project is the actual command.

I forgot to mention, if you have marker names, comments, and duration on your timeline markers in Premiere, ALL OF THAT comes through in the composition markers in AE too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2017 0
senortim LATEST
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! You did answer *my* question. 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @Szalam, but this is not what am looking for, this solution is good for a local work between two apps, but I was wanted a solution for a remote editing machine that can send me Premiere's Timeline markers, to use them via expressions in AE.

We are already using the method you mentioned, asking the editor to clear all the footage from the timeline and the project and to keep only one adjustment layer holding the markers on it, and then send us this project, but i was looking for an easier way to do this from marker panel, or File > Export > Markers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2017 0
Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, then Mylenium did understand your question after all!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2017 0