Highlighted

Imported Vector from ai to mask in ae

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Im relatively new to ae.

I have imported a live traced vector into ae and selected create shape from vector layer.

I want to use this shape as a mask for the layer below but when trying to create a mask i seem to only be able to draw a new

shape to use as the mask.....

im sure this is obvious.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Imported Vector from ai to mask in ae

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Im relatively new to ae.

I have imported a live traced vector into ae and selected create shape from vector layer.

I want to use this shape as a mask for the layer below but when trying to create a mask i seem to only be able to draw a new

shape to use as the mask.....

im sure this is obvious.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 22, 2018 0
Advisor ,
Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the shape layer as an Alpha Track Matte for the lower layer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2018 1
KarlKaz LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is brilliant. Thank you so much

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Converting from shapes to masks is possible with manual copy-pasting of the path objects, but with complicated layers it's easier to use this script: http://www.redefinery.com/ae/view.php?item=rd_ShapesToMasks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2018 0