• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing 23.976 fps media errors (lately)

Participant ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone recently had trouble with 23.976 media imported at 23.9766 or 23.977 fps in the last few days?

I have experienced it on both windows and mac systems running the latest AE 17.1.2. The only other common variable has been that troublesome video files were Avid outputs: QT MOV, h.264. Not sure if that is relevant or not. This frame-rate issue isn't happening on every avid export, just maybe 1 out of 5.

I double-checked the problem clips in other software, and they register as 23.976, but AE is insisting that these clips are odd frame rates like 23.9766. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known issue with fractional timecode calculations. for the time being conform your footage to full 30 or 24 fps for working with it and then only override the FPS for rendering.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response @Mylenium. 

Is this a new bug or are you simply referring to age ol' AE behavior? 

This seems fresh to me. Any new documentation you are aware of would be helpful. I just want to be able to pin the error on the problem and not blame Avid/ QuickTime if that's not the kink in the pipeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines