Highlighted

Importing Illustrator Doc Issues

New Here ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making images/animations for a stream and I decided to create the images using Illustrator so they could be scalable. When I upload the image to After Effects it becomes pixelated. Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this? 

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Importing Illustrator Doc Issues

New Here ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making images/animations for a stream and I decided to create the images using Illustrator so they could be scalable. When I upload the image to After Effects it becomes pixelated. Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this? 

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shared a PDF that was only 307 X 172 points/pixels. 

Your AI artboard should be the same size as the comp frame, snap to pixel should be turned on in the View Menu in AI, you need to avoid lines that are less than 2 points (pixels) thick and thin lines must be aligned to the pixel grid, and you should always check a Pixel Preview in AI at 400% or more to make sure your artwork is lined up on the pixel grid. Then you can import as a comp, retaining layer sizes and AE will generate a composition that you can animate.

Each element you want to animate should be on a separate layer, you should not apply any Raster effects like Drop Shadow in AI, and you should watch your colors.

Even at this incredibly small size, the artwork does not have even dimensions, and the elements are not perfectly aligned, but I can still scale up that PDF to 1500% and still get sharp edges.  

Screenshot_2020-05-23 17.00.58_YHcWjd.png

There are a couple of good articles on preparing images for video. You should check them out. You should also spend some time with the User Guide so you have a better understanding of the UI. 

One more thing. It is a good idea to save your illustration as an AI file with PDF Compatibility checked. PDF's can get funky pretty quickly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2020 0