• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

importing illustrator file with new "large size canvas"-feature enabled

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is a new feature in Illustrator. that alowes creation 100x larger canvases (57x57 meters)

But by importing artboards from such documents in to AE, they become 100 times smaller then created in AI.

In AI all units are set to Pixels.

I tryed to change raster effects dpi, no luck.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE is pixel based and has its own internal limits. That is that. No point in trying to outsmart the program with excessively large artboards. Otherwise there are still a ton of bugs and quirks with this stuff even in AI itself, so simply don't use it for AE related work. It's too unreliable still.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I know a lot about the nature of both programs I mentioned. And about pixel-based AE))
The thing is, I'm not trying to import a huge artboard. I'm trying to import a 1920x1080px artboard,
but AE sees it as a 192x108 px composition. This is due to a new AI feature, which is a link in the topic.
It's about a large canvas, not a large artboard. A large canvas is needed, for example, when you want
to fit more scenes in one file. And don't tighten them with ClippingMasks.
P.S. sorry for the other account. I am a topicstarter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, if you use the large canvas you will not get the right dimension in AE, maybe Adobe must find some solution for that, but the question is if you work on 1920x1080 why you use the large canvas option? and overall you can still tweak this by moving the assets you want to use in AE to a new AI file with a normal canvas size 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It's more convenient to edit about 100 artboards at the same time.
Of course, before importing, I still save each artboard in a separate ai-file.
Here I decide - either to divide the entire project into several documents,
or after each edit, remember: that the artboard still needs to be resized

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines