Highlighted

Importing Image Sequence Into Composition Removing Extra Frame

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my work, my team imports 3D image sequences into compositions and then time maps them as needed for the video.

If I import a sequence that is 100 frames of animation, when I do the time remap, I always have to go to the second to last frame, add a keyframe and delete the keyframe at the end of the sequence because it is always blank.
Is there a way to fix it so the last frame of an imported image sequence is not blank?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Importing Image Sequence Into Composition Removing Extra Frame

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my work, my team imports 3D image sequences into compositions and then time maps them as needed for the video.

If I import a sequence that is 100 frames of animation, when I do the time remap, I always have to go to the second to last frame, add a keyframe and delete the keyframe at the end of the sequence because it is always blank.
Is there a way to fix it so the last frame of an imported image sequence is not blank?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing wrong here. This is how AE's temporal sampling works - the data is sampled based on exact physical time, not arbitrary frame numbers. Depending on the comp frame rate, the actual remapping and things liek motion blur, temporal effects, expressions and so on this can indeed mean that the result would be such that technically a frame is not visible and just goes blank because it's duration in relation to the camera shutter/ comp frame duration is too short. If it's a common occurence, the smart thing to do would be to just render that 101th extra frame and include it in the sequence to avoid having to mess around with extraneous keyframes.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply.
I think the issue is if I render 101 frames, import the sequence including AO and ZDepth passes, the comp will be 101 frames with the last frame being blank which means I still have to add the second to last keyframe and delete the last one.  I do this for hundreds of sequences of varying lengths on every project so I was hoping for something I could set up in AE to fix this. 
If not, that's ok.  I was hoping I was missing a button or set up feature.

Thanks again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0