Highlighted

importing images

Explorer ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported two images into afx and it was reading them as the same img even after numerous tries.  Finally i cut and paste them to a different file which i was able to import from.  However, after I dragged them down into the timeline window, they are again reading as the same image, except this time its the other one of the two.  I am trying to keep this simple so i can learn.   Whats happening here?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*
Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

Start by checking whether you haven't accidentally used the "Sequence" option in the import dialog. Other than that this could be simple cache corruption, but since you haven't offered any system information or other technical detail that guess is as good or as bad as any other.

Mylenium

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

importing images

Explorer ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported two images into afx and it was reading them as the same img even after numerous tries.  Finally i cut and paste them to a different file which i was able to import from.  However, after I dragged them down into the timeline window, they are again reading as the same image, except this time its the other one of the two.  I am trying to keep this simple so i can learn.   Whats happening here?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

Start by checking whether you haven't accidentally used the "Sequence" option in the import dialog. Other than that this could be simple cache corruption, but since you haven't offered any system information or other technical detail that guess is as good or as bad as any other.

Mylenium

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 05, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. As Mylenium mentioned, we'd need more information about your system (CPU, GPU RAM, OS) and the version of After Effects you are using: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-effects-you-...

In the meantime, try purging the memory by Edit > Purge > All Memory and Disk Cache and resetting the preferences of After Effects: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after-effects/td-...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 1
Explorer ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,  Now I can ask better questions!  The problem worked itself out.  Thank you again. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 1