• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Path to After Effects

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was given an Illustrator file to animate in After Effects. There are a couple instances where this path with a stroke is used but when I try to import it to AE, it changes to just a black stroke. Is there a way I can import this path without changing it to a shape?

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like a custom brush was applied to that path. If you need to actually animate the vector path you'll have to expand the appearance then import the AI file and convert vectors to shapes then work out the fills and strokes. All burshes, gradients and effects get fouled up when you convert Vector layers to shape layers. 

It would really help if we knew what the brush settings in the AI file are. Any chance you can share it? I might be able to come up with a reasonable solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not really sure how to look at the brush settings since I don't have that brush. Is there a way I can add it to my library?

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 10.06.11 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure how that brush was created. Double-clicking on a brush will open up the edit. It might be easier if you just created a new document and copied and pasted the path, then shared the file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines