Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invisible Language Text

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to paste some text in a language called Amharic. When i do that, in after effects it becomes invisible texts.When I type something else in English it works fine. The text is showing fine below in the timeline tab. I have installed all the necessary fonts. 

maxfieldplays_0-1596209644971.png

maxfieldplays_1-1596209742914.pngmaxfieldplays_2-1596209753492.png

TOPICS
Crash , Dynamic link , Error or problem , Expressions , Freeze or hang , How to , Import and export , Performance , Preview , Resources , Scripting , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

From your screenshot, I have noticed that you have not selected the correct font type as it showing times new roman. please check whether your system has Amharic font and select them inside the adobe . I don't have an idea whether adobe supports this font and secondly it's not free font so I am also not able to test it personally. you try to change the font type by selecting your text and see if it work.

Regards

Charles

Windows expert

One of friendly community members 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I copy paste the text the default font is Times New Roman so when I changed that to the language font it still stays invisible.

maxfieldplays_0-1596287466150.png

I think it is a free font else if there's a way to message personally i can send you the font zip files. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found similar font online named "VG2 Main and the good news is this font work great inside adobe

preview.pnglink for you to download and try  http://www.eaglefonts.com/vg2-main-ttf-128465.htm

test.PNG

I have tried that font with reference to keyboard in  This page  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you want the exact font that you use, yes I have found working one.

https://en.fontke.com/font/23650602/download

new.PNG

Hope this solution will be helpful for you

TIP:

You will get a zip file, In there install only font name etnci2.ttf. it's not necessary to install that hellofont.exe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try this.Type something in google translate. Copy the amharic translated text and paste it in after effects it goes invisible. Typing is working fine in all the other amharic fonts.

maxfieldplays_1-1596299216710.png

maxfieldplays_0-1596299203534.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone try this is their after effects and let me know if it's my software that is having this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes google font not working inside adobe aftereffect. let me further check and provide you solution as much as possible

because we need to know what font family google is using to translate inside their site . am checking on it will post you update once i found a solution 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good news , found the solution . google is using font family or font named noto https://www.google.com/get/noto/

you can download the font and install it in your pc then traslate it using google translate and paste it inside adobe it will work

you can watch video guide to install it correctly  !  Watch video guide I have made exclusively  

success.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ? Does it work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Works for me! Thanks for posting this!

Installed : https://fonts.google.com/noto/specimen/Noto+Serif+Ethiopic

Cut and paste into Notepad - and set font there to Noto

Cut and paste from Notepad into After Effects, setting the font to Noto again if required

Works like a charm! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines