Highlighted

IPP2 / REDwideGamut RGB workflow

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

I am following (or trying to ) a IPP2 color workkflow for VFX inside AE.
The red footage color profile is REDWideGamutRGB and has been exported in .exr format to me.

assuming the correct workflow in AE should be as follows:
project settings
- 32bit
- working space set to sRGB (although not sure if i should use P3-DCI)
- linearise enabled

interpret footage-color management
- assign profile as REDwidegamutRGB

but here above is my problem - this profile does not exist so i cant have AE correctly convert the footage to linear.

The only way i currently have this working is is to assign sRGB profile to footage and then apply opencolorIO to the clip on timeline and convert or view set as:
input:RED-linear-REDWideGamutRGB
output:P3-DCI

However this mean i have to build in this layer plus an invert color layer for every comp plus to color pick accurately i would have to turn this on and off - not ideal.

anyone have a solution? I have looked for an icc profile for REDwidegamutRGB but cannot find one.

Topics

How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

IPP2 / REDwideGamut RGB workflow

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

I am following (or trying to ) a IPP2 color workkflow for VFX inside AE.
The red footage color profile is REDWideGamutRGB and has been exported in .exr format to me.

assuming the correct workflow in AE should be as follows:
project settings
- 32bit
- working space set to sRGB (although not sure if i should use P3-DCI)
- linearise enabled

interpret footage-color management
- assign profile as REDwidegamutRGB

but here above is my problem - this profile does not exist so i cant have AE correctly convert the footage to linear.

The only way i currently have this working is is to assign sRGB profile to footage and then apply opencolorIO to the clip on timeline and convert or view set as:
input:RED-linear-REDWideGamutRGB
output:P3-DCI

However this mean i have to build in this layer plus an invert color layer for every comp plus to color pick accurately i would have to turn this on and off - not ideal.

anyone have a solution? I have looked for an icc profile for REDwidegamutRGB but cannot find one.

Topics

How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?