Highlighted

Is Effects termed as Plugin in After Effect

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am a bit confused as in Effects are only termed as plugin in technical term as there is a key effects in app which represents Effects in After effects but the list is quite big. So wanted to clearify my doubt.

app.effects - Used to get Effects

Thanks 🙂
TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is Effects termed as Plugin in After Effect

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am a bit confused as in Effects are only termed as plugin in technical term as there is a key effects in app which represents Effects in After effects but the list is quite big. So wanted to clearify my doubt.

app.effects - Used to get Effects

Thanks 🙂
TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects is an app designed specifically to create visual effects, animations, composites, and in many other ways manipulate video and still images using a bunch of Effects. Effects are the tools you apply to the pixels in the composition that allow you to manipulate the pixels in the source footage by combining different layers into a final result. 

The Effects are the tools that you use. After Effects is the Workshop. After Effects is NOT a video editing app and was never intended to be used as one. 

I don't know if that answered your question but the purpose of every tool in the after-effects toolbox is to do something with the pixels you put on a layer. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0