Highlighted

Is it possible to flatten a 3D layer?

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! I am working on an animation for an app in After Effects. That animation needs to be a lottie file. The problem is that I am using a rotating coin that is a 3D layer. As you all know 3D layers are not supported by lottie. Is there any way that I can bake/flatten the 3D layer and transform it into a frame by frame animation?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is it possible to flatten a 3D layer?

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! I am working on an animation for an app in After Effects. That animation needs to be a lottie file. The problem is that I am using a rotating coin that is a 3D layer. As you all know 3D layers are not supported by lottie. Is there any way that I can bake/flatten the 3D layer and transform it into a frame by frame animation?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pre-compose. That will turn it into pixels though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope Not working that way.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long and short: Don't even bother. Export the tumbling coin as a separate animation, optimize it as ana animated GIF in photoshop, link and embed it by editing the published Lottie code.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines