• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to automatically update missing images in a composition?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just opened a project file to find seven still images were missing. Both the project window and comp windows showed only placeholders for the images. I re-imported the jpgs into the project, but I am unsure how to update the actual composition without having to re-construct the entire project. 

Has anyone ever had to manage this situation?

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

You don't need to import them again. Just find any of the missing images in the Project Panel, double click over one of them and After Effects opens the import window where you can select the directory where your images are stored. If the rest of your missing files are inside the same directory, After Effects will link them automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to import them again. Just find any of the missing images in the Project Panel, double click over one of them and After Effects opens the import window where you can select the directory where your images are stored. If the rest of your missing files are inside the same directory, After Effects will link them automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks! I guess I panicked (just getting my head around the app).
I appreciate your taking the time to reply. I also watched a tutorial that
was very helpful.

Gary Perrone
perronestudio.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines