Highlighted

Is there a way to export multiple sequences changing only one file?

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I don't know if someone is going to understand what I'm looking for, but let's try lmao

so, in photoshop there's a way to export multiples files in a way that ps will automatically change some of the layers (using Variables)... 

Is there a way to do that in after effects as well? I have a template and I need to put 20+ videos on this template and export every single one of 'em... Can after fx do that automatically for me?

Sorry about my english, It's not my mother language, but thx anyways ❤️ 🙂

TOPICS
Expressions, How to, Import and export, Resources, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is there a way to export multiple sequences changing only one file?

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I don't know if someone is going to understand what I'm looking for, but let's try lmao

so, in photoshop there's a way to export multiples files in a way that ps will automatically change some of the layers (using Variables)... 

Is there a way to do that in after effects as well? I have a template and I need to put 20+ videos on this template and export every single one of 'em... Can after fx do that automatically for me?

Sorry about my english, It's not my mother language, but thx anyways ❤️ 🙂

TOPICS
Expressions, How to, Import and export, Resources, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 12, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would have to create an actual script or elaborately rig up your project with expressions so they e.g. change stuff based on external JSON files. All explained in the online help. However, based on such generic and vague descriptions nobody can advise specifically. And to be honest, around 20 videos only is peanuts. You could do it faster by hand and setting up the automation would take a lot longer. It's merely a matter of methodically duplicating the comp(s) and replacing the relevant parts, then adding it to the render queue. Sounds like you're overcomplicating this and looking for shortcuts when all it takes is an hour of meticulous, patient work.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0