• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to extrapolate frames of an animation?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Paint and Stick plugin and a tablet to hand draw an animation at 15 frames/second. Is there a way to convert this to 30 fps and extrapolate the missing frames so the animation looks smoother than 15 fps? 

Any suggestions are appreciated. 

Gabriel 

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the early cell animation cartoons were drawn at 12 fps but the animation camera shot two copies of each cell so they could be projected at 24. Buggs Bunny never looked better.

In AE drop your 15 fps animated comp in a new comp that is 30 and then select either frame blending or pixel motion in Frame Blending and stick with the one that works best. If Frame Belnding does not work check the Comp Settings on the 15FPS comp and make sure the Preserve Frame Rate When Nested is NOT checked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick, 

I'm certain I've followed your directions accurately, though when I go to Layer > Frame Blending > Pixel Motion or Frame Mix there is simply no frame blending that occurs. The 15 fps animation comp that has been brough into the 30 fps comp appears to play a frame then skip a frame producing a strobe effect. I have made sure Preserve Frame Rate When Nested is NOT checked. Any suggestions are appreciated. 

Gabriel 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines