• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to IMPORT .OGG files into AE project?

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I know I can just convert my .ogg audio files to .mp3 but that's not it.

I really need a way to IMPORT and PLAY .OGG audio files into AE my projects the same way we usually do with .mp3 files so I can synchronize them with several PNG animation sequences.

(Please understand my situation and why I can't just convert the files into mp3: due to internal burocracies of this one specific job I have to link audio files to my AE project directly from a common source which happens to be all .ogg - and we are trying to avoid multiple copies of those files because well, they're just thousands of audio files spread throughout hundreds of repositories and they rend to be constantly updated by multiple sources.

TOPICS
Audio , Import and export , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

You can always try to install the CoDecs at the system level using the OpenCodecs pack or a media player that includes it. They will appear as weird media player files, but this should work. Otherwise I'm not aware of a way to handle this elegantly, given how unreliable and flakey OGG itself is. It's simply not a good production format.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always try to install the CoDecs at the system level using the OpenCodecs pack or a media player that includes it. They will appear as weird media player files, but this should work. Otherwise I'm not aware of a way to handle this elegantly, given how unreliable and flakey OGG itself is. It's simply not a good production format.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In AE CC19 and installed AfterCodecs OGG is working well 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MP3 is not a good production format. Neither is MP4 for video. All distribution formats are lossy, require more resources to process, and are likely to cause rendering errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines