Highlighted

Is this computer good enough for my editing needs?

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I was asked by a friend if his laptop is even close to running after effects on his laptop 

Here is the link to the information of his computer, the specs & etc, please let me know if this conputer is even up there to be able to run after effects or any adobe applications like photoshop 

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/laptops/product-details/29204992 

TOPICS
Performance, Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is this computer good enough for my editing needs?

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I was asked by a friend if his laptop is even close to running after effects on his laptop 

Here is the link to the information of his computer, the specs & etc, please let me know if this conputer is even up there to be able to run after effects or any adobe applications like photoshop 

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/laptops/product-details/29204992 

TOPICS
Performance, Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That laptop is missing multiple minimum specs - it falls short for RAM & display resolution, and has only integrated graphics. It's possible it will be able to do basic things in AE, but it will not be a pleasant experience. 

It looks like Photoshop might be a possibility (tech specs here), but only just. 

In general, gaming laptops are going to be a good bet for these kinds of applications. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 0