• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this green screen footage good for screen replacement?

Explorer ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have been asked to replace this green screen footage from Getty
https://www.gettyimages.dk/detail/video/woman-touching-telephone-green-screen-stock-footage/92512663...

But I am having trouble
1. The thumb is entering one of the corner tracked pins - so tracking is complicated
2. The corners of an iPhone X is round and hard to track.

How would you guys handle this process? Is the footage good - and its just me being a giant noob? 🙂

Cheers!

//// RIG: CPU i9-9900K 5,0 GHz 8 core, RAM 64 GB, SSD M.2 1 TB, GPU RTX 2080Ti 11 GB, Windows 10 Pro. //// AFTER EFFECTS PLUG-INS: Red Giant Suite, 3D Elements and then some... ////
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which tracker are you trying to use? Mocha should make short work of this. Different trackers are good for different tasks!
If you have been trying Mocha and aren't getting the results you want, you could try roughly removing her fingers (can be done within Mocha as well, most likely) to help prevent the tracker from seeing those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the built-in tracker. (Not a pro on tracking but I have done some before.)
Would you see this footage as perfect and straight forward? If you say yes - then I guess I just have to get cracking at it... 🙂

//// RIG: CPU i9-9900K 5,0 GHz 8 core, RAM 64 GB, SSD M.2 1 TB, GPU RTX 2080Ti 11 GB, Windows 10 Pro. //// AFTER EFFECTS PLUG-INS: Red Giant Suite, 3D Elements and then some... ////

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a job for a planar tracker, which Mocha is. Doing this stuff with point tracking is possible, but tedious and difficult.

A version of Mocha has been built into AE for several years now. Select your layer, then choose Animation > Track in Boris FX Mocha. The interface is a bit different, and you may need to look up a few tutorials to understand hwo Mocha works (there are tons available online), but this is definitely the tool for the job here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fingers should present you with no issues. Even with the low-rez preview version of the file, Mocha smoked through this thing. This probably took me two minutes. Right tool for the right job!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j71ei5ykalw0m2m/phone%20example.mp4?dl=0 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kyle! 😄

Planar tracking rocks!

One question though. Did you do the green screen masking of the finger in Mocha as well - can it do that?

Orshould I keep using Primatte Keyer fra RG?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you're on board the planar tracking bandwagon. It does rock!
You cannot do keying directly within Mocha, no. I used Keylight, but any keyer of your choice should do the job just fine. You'll have to do some masking work to remove those (pretty excessive) tracking marks as well, but that is something you should be able to generate within Mocha, if desired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines