• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue while linking a composition to an exported 3d object keyframes

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on an After Effects template.
I have a moving 3d rocket made in Houdini in my scene, I rendered the rocket and exported the images to After Effects and composed them.
Now I want to add an option to allow the user to add his own text or logo on the body of the rocket the white part.
So I defined a null and linked it to a point on the rocket and exported it's position via Houdini 2 AE plugin.
I linked the logo composition to the null position exported from Houdini to After Effects, the issue here is that the position of the null is correct but the size of the rocket body is not fix, so the Logo or Text seems to be moving and not fix on the body.
2020-07-09_9-15-07.jpg2020-07-09_9-16-08.jpg2020-07-09_9-17-04.jpg2020-07-09_9-18-28.jpg
So is there a way to solve this issue and thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, cameras have lens curvature/ distortion, do they not? You haven't accounted for that in your export nor in your AE setup. You need to fix it in houdini or create a matching cosine-based expression in AE. Regardless, even that won't fix the one glaring issue in your approach: The amount of perspective shift for the text might change in every setup depending on the length of text or people even using two lines. The whole approach strikes me as pretty unsuitable for something that you appear to plan on selling.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I guess you're right correcting this issue won't be something indispensable.
I abandoned the idea.
Thanks for sharing your point of view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines