• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

issues with Keylight plugin

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm using After Effects to edit a template I purchased (off Videohive) for a personal project but when I open the template I get the warning "effect control conversion required in effect "Keylight (1.2)". Some effect controls will be reset. To avoid silently resetting these same effect controls on all subsequently loaded projects, save this project and then quit and re-launch After Effects."

Now, it still lets me edit the template but it won't actually play the clip and when I export to media encoder it just sits on processing for AGES. It doesn't move. I'm at a loss as to what to do. It's the simplest smallest clip I need to edit and I have no clue how to fix it. 

I have After Effects CC through Creative Cloud and I'm on macOS Catalina 10.15.

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to , Resources , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The template was probably created with an earlier version of Keylight. There are more controls in the latest version.

There could be other issues with your system. What happens if you just create a comp from your greenscreen footage and apply Keylight? If you still get the slow down then the problem is system resources or settings related. If it works as you expect it should, then there is something else going on in the template. 

If you cannot figure it out we need screenshots embedded using the toolbar instead of just uploaded and those screenshots should show us the modified properties of the layers that are giving you problems. Select the layer, press uu, then take a screenshot of the entire UI and embed it in the forum so we can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't honestly know how to use After Effects other than using templates where I just plug in the text or image I want to replace the template. I just checked and the template was created back in 2018 so do you think downloading an older version of After Effects will work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the same AE version as the one used to create the template is a good troubleshooting position to take.
I also suggest rendering directly from AE - if your final deliverable is H264 then use AE to render to a high quality CODEC such as QuickTime Animation. Then import this file into Adobe Media Encoder, to render to H264.

You should also get in touch with the template author; to see if he/she knows of a solution to your issues. HTH

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm downloading the oldest version that Creative Cloud has (I recognize the insignia from the last time I used AE so hoping it'll work). I'm SO sorry to ask (I'm such a novice) but how do I render from inside AE? I don't know how to export other than to add to the media render queue. What steps do I take before I do that? I'm sorry I genuinely have no clue what I'm doing. It's never been this complicated to use a template before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I think I figured out how to render it to Quicktime. Fingers crossed that works. I tried downloading the oldest version Creative Cloud would allow and I got the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your suggestion worked! I rendered it in AE like you suggested (took a few hours but it did it) and then I converted it to something my Mac would actually acknowledge using VideoProc. Worked a treat! Thank you so much for that suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm  glad you've sorted out your issues and thank you for reporting back.

Lastly, please follow through with Rick's suggestion AND use the TWO tutorial options in AE's Help Menu. These are curated tutorials which will provide you with a good foundation in AE.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are new to AE the best thing you can do for yourself is to at least go through the Beginning section of the User Guide. It will save you more time than you can imagine. AE is just too complex for anyone without a very strong background in motion graphics and compositing to just open up and start using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or you could say something useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are new to AE, studying the user guide for an hour or two will save you days of fiddling and frustration. That's useful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines