• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep crashing!:(

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, im posting today since im kinda new and keep having problems with AE. I have had nothing but crashes with this app and i cant figure out why. does anyone have any suggestions on how i could fix this? i seem to meet and exceed all requirements for this app. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Sorry for the delayed response. What're the details of the media files that you're trying to use? Your computer is not meeting the recommended system requirements for After Effects so if the media is heavy, it can cause After Effects to freeze. Also, what's the length of the videos that you're working with? Usually, After Effects is used to create short-duration shots. If you are using it only for video editing, I'd recommend you using Premiere Pro.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system info and the relevant bitzs from the crash report we can't even begin to guess. Just saying that it crashes all the time is not useful in any way.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, im running:

i7-8700

GTX 1660 Super

12 Gb Ram

As far as the crash report, im not sure how to get that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi OuqqGaming,

Thanks for sharing the details.

Would you mind telling us more about the crash? When exactly does it crash - at launch or when you try to work? Do you see any error message? Please check if After Effects is generating any crash logs. Here's how: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-after-effects-crash-logs-on-your-comput...

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello! 

thanks for your reply. 

So, what i am doing is trying to edit some videos. i drag the bar to try to look for a specific point and then it will go to (Not Responding) with the white screen then it will close out. sometimes i just task manager force close it. i also tried looking at the folder for the crash report, its empy for some reason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delayed response. What're the details of the media files that you're trying to use? Your computer is not meeting the recommended system requirements for After Effects so if the media is heavy, it can cause After Effects to freeze. Also, what's the length of the videos that you're working with? Usually, After Effects is used to create short-duration shots. If you are using it only for video editing, I'd recommend you using Premiere Pro.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

okay thanks, for some reason i though the minimum req for ram was a bit less, but thanks! i appreciate your assitance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines