• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Key Cleaner crashes After Effect

New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to use Key Cleaner effect after applying the keylight effect, AE crashes without giving any messages or reasons for the crash. I hope someone has a solution to this issue. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for your issue with After Effects. Would you mind sharing the following details?

1. What's the exact version of After Effects you're using: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-effects-you-...
  2. What are your computer specifications (GPU, GPU, RAM, OS)?
  3. Is it happening with a particular clip/project?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am using AE 17.0.6 on a Mac with 

2.3 GHZ quad-core and 16 GB memory with an NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 750M 2 GB. It looks like this is happening with only few files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this?  I'm having the same issue on a PC with 128 RAM and NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, this keeps happening to me too, would appreciate an update on what to do. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  AE 17.5.1, Windows 10, i9-9900k, 64GB RAM, RTX 2070.  Everytime I add Key Cleaner, or the Keylight/Key Cleaner/Spill Supporessor combo to vertical footage shot with an iPhone, AE crashes.  Have tried transcoding the footage to different formats and changing it to horizontal but nothing helps.  Weirdly, footage from the same iPhone on the same shoot but in landscape, Key Cleaner works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without at least a bit of info about your system and your project nobody can really tell you much. On a hunch I'd say that you have an issue with your source footage, either a dmaged Codec a bad format or just issues with AE's hardware-accelerated decoding, so look into that first.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happening for me but only when Key Cleaner is under Color Range in the effects panel.
I'm on the newest version available and my specs are:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
16 GB ram
Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens to me wether I'm using Keylight or color range, no warning or message whatsoever. So frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happening for me on brand new computer which exceeds recommended spec and has one of the recommended graphics cards. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue,

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)

3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. After Effects 17.1.3 build 41 on a Win10 pc, i9-9900K 3.6Ghz, 32Gb ram.

Project is a 1200x1380 pixels image sequence of 30 images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - 
Threadripper 3980x, RTX Titan, 256 GB Ram
4K Raw footage, but working in 16-bit

Can't find a configuration that does not crash, all configs seem to crash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same... When adding Key cleaner it crashes: Win10 pc, i9-9900K 3.6Ghz, 32Gb ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same thing happening to me, never happened before, funny how my friends say the cracked version has less problems than the official one, what a joke...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines