Highlighted

Keyboard shortcuts have all stopped working in AE 17.1.4, Windows 10 PC - not a hardware issue!

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to use my keyboard shortcuts in AE for about a week. I am on Windows 10/PC and have tried playing with the language settings (was advised that switching languages can affect it, but this had no effect to bring back my short cuts).
- I've switched all keyboard settings on and off one at a time to see if any effect take place.
 - My shortcut settings in AE haven't changed from when they were working to now when they are not working.
- I've switched out keyboards to no effect and my keyboard shortcuts are working in all my other Adobe programs.

- I've uninstalled AE and reinstalled it without saved preferences and rebooted IDK how many times.

I am at a loss for how to get my shortcuts back...program is practically unusable without them!

HELP!

TOPICS
How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Keyboard shortcuts have all stopped working in AE 17.1.4, Windows 10 PC - not a hardware issue!

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to use my keyboard shortcuts in AE for about a week. I am on Windows 10/PC and have tried playing with the language settings (was advised that switching languages can affect it, but this had no effect to bring back my short cuts).
- I've switched all keyboard settings on and off one at a time to see if any effect take place.
 - My shortcut settings in AE haven't changed from when they were working to now when they are not working.
- I've switched out keyboards to no effect and my keyboard shortcuts are working in all my other Adobe programs.

- I've uninstalled AE and reinstalled it without saved preferences and rebooted IDK how many times.

I am at a loss for how to get my shortcuts back...program is practically unusable without them!

HELP!

TOPICS
How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 22, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pattilouhoo17,

Sorry for your issue.

Is it the default keyboard shortcuts that are not working or your custom keyboard shortcuts? Have you tried resetting the preference of After Effects: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after-effects/td-...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the idea, I tried that before calling Adobe support. Then, I spent many hours with an Adobe tech support person and after uninstalling AE, deleting all prefs, using the cc cleaner, replacing the keyboard shortcuts file, a bunch of other stuff that required uninstalling and reinstalling AE multiple times, and generally ruining my setup and workday, I did get my keyboard shortcuts back...except still no Ctrl+D. We found that this was not a hardware issue and that I'd have to set up a new user account and transfer everything over to it to get it back, which I frankly don't have time for (it's hard enough getting my AE settings back to what they were) so I just set up Alt+D instead to use for now. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0