Highlighted

Keyframe Drag Lag

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fairly often now if I drag and select multiple keyframes either on one layer or between a few there is massive lag. It pinwheels and waits for a couple of seconds then updates. I also get the same problem with dragging down to select more keyframes from layers that are out of the windows limits that require a scroll. 

Really painful and adding massively to wait time. Running latest Version on Mojave fully up to date.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Keyframe Drag Lag

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fairly often now if I drag and select multiple keyframes either on one layer or between a few there is massive lag. It pinwheels and waits for a couple of seconds then updates. I also get the same problem with dragging down to select more keyframes from layers that are out of the windows limits that require a scroll. 

Really painful and adding massively to wait time. Running latest Version on Mojave fully up to date.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 04, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I understand that this can be very frustrating! Sorry about that.

Does it happen only when you try to select keyframes or does it happen while trying to do something else too?

I'd suggest that you try resetting your workspace. If that doesn't work, try this:

• Go to Preferences > Display and turn off "Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels"

Let us know if that brings any change.

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I've been getting the same problem ever since I upgraded t0 AE 2019 last year. I even stayed on 2018 because of this but had to move over for a project. I tried your two solves but I still get the lag when selecting keyframes. Its not just frustrating, its directly affecting workflow. Please do you have any other solutions? Is this a GPU problem perhaps? I'm on a late 2012 iMac that would usually run great. The only times I get problems is when GPU related upgrades come through in your builds. Thanks. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I've been dealing with it for the past year or so. turning off "Hardware Accelerate Comp, Layer and Footage Panels" does not fix the issue. No change. Please fix this, it is infuriating

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change, makes no difference, I went back to old build and the problem didn't seem to occur. Please fix this it is painful waiting half a second everytime I select or scroll past multiple keyframes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2020 0