• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyframing curved instead of linear path

New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, this should require a fairly easy explaination. I'm keyframing a path on a shape layer (a box) and just want the "lid" to open while mantaining the segment length instead of the point moving directly from its origin to its new position. Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Path points move in a straight line by default. There is a Mask Interpolation panel but the options are pretty limited.

I would open up the Create Nulls from Paths panel, select the path, then Points Follow Nulls, then parent the end null to the second null and animate the rotation of the second null. It will take you about a minute to setup.

animateMask.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Path points move in a straight line by default. There is a Mask Interpolation panel but the options are pretty limited.

I would open up the Create Nulls from Paths panel, select the path, then Points Follow Nulls, then parent the end null to the second null and animate the rotation of the second null. It will take you about a minute to setup.

animateMask.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked like a charm, thanks for the help Rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines