Highlighted

Keyframing Effect Bypass

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm proficient in Premiere Pro, but decided to dabble in Ae for making an intro animation. Im trying to phaze in and out a "displacement map" effect. The way I would do that in Pr would be by keyframing the bypass for the effect. So how would I do this in Ae? If you do use an effect bypass where is it? And if there isn't an effect bypass, how would I phase the effect in and out?

Thanks for any help!

TOPICS
How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Keyframing Effect Bypass

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm proficient in Premiere Pro, but decided to dabble in Ae for making an intro animation. Im trying to phaze in and out a "displacement map" effect. The way I would do that in Pr would be by keyframing the bypass for the effect. So how would I do this in Ae? If you do use an effect bypass where is it? And if there isn't an effect bypass, how would I phase the effect in and out?

Thanks for any help!

TOPICS
How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a Displacement Map effect in the Distort Category. The way it works is using a luminance map where black and white areas are distorted based of horizontal and vertical displacements. If you use an animated luminance map (for example, a video, an animated gradient or a fractal noise map) the effect progresses without adding keyframes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so if I follow, if the effect is there, there's no getting rid of it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are basically three different ways to animate a displacement map. Displacement, the displacement map, and by adding compositing options to a comp size or layer sized mask, dissolve between the effect and no effect. I use all 3 options most of the time that I use displacement maps because I need more than one thing going on at a time. Maybe this screenshot will explain things a little better:

Screenshot_2020-10-08 19.41.11_q7Cpje.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0