Highlighted

Keylight Alt+Eyedropper Hover not updating anymore

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Tech Support didn't understand the problem so I hope someone here does. 
I'll do my best to explain it as clearly as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsImHBCFLvo

At 6:10 of that video you see him holding down the alt key to find the best shade of green to sample.
The Comp view would update in real time as you hover with alt over the different shades of green.

This always used to work for me, but now it no longer does.
Single clicking the ALT-Key does update the color, but that's a nuisance.
Holding it either won't update, or do so really slowly.

I have tried this with different files (.mov .avi)
I have tried this with different version of AE (2019, 2020)
I have tried this with different view combinations (either Status in Keylight, or Alpha on Comp View)

It almost seems like there is a performance issue, where the eyedropper would sometimes, after I have already released the ALT-key and stopped hovering through the image, keep blinking and stay stuck in the eyedropper tool. Using hotkeys to go to different tools will not work then (selection tool, hand tool, etc).

Hope someone here knows how to fix this.

Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1080
64 GB RAM

http://storyblocks.com/Cinecom - Every filmmaker should know these 5 Hollywood Greenscreen tips! Learn how to properly setup your greenscreen to pull the per...
TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Keylight Alt+Eyedropper Hover not updating anymore

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Tech Support didn't understand the problem so I hope someone here does. 
I'll do my best to explain it as clearly as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsImHBCFLvo

At 6:10 of that video you see him holding down the alt key to find the best shade of green to sample.
The Comp view would update in real time as you hover with alt over the different shades of green.

This always used to work for me, but now it no longer does.
Single clicking the ALT-Key does update the color, but that's a nuisance.
Holding it either won't update, or do so really slowly.

I have tried this with different files (.mov .avi)
I have tried this with different version of AE (2019, 2020)
I have tried this with different view combinations (either Status in Keylight, or Alpha on Comp View)

It almost seems like there is a performance issue, where the eyedropper would sometimes, after I have already released the ALT-key and stopped hovering through the image, keep blinking and stay stuck in the eyedropper tool. Using hotkeys to go to different tools will not work then (selection tool, hand tool, etc).

Hope someone here knows how to fix this.

Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1080
64 GB RAM

http://storyblocks.com/Cinecom - Every filmmaker should know these 5 Hollywood Greenscreen tips! Learn how to properly setup your greenscreen to pull the per...
TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the correct comp viewer set to be the one that live updates?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gutterfish, thank you for responding.

Not really sure what you mean by this, got a screenshot of the setting you are talking about?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Danniel,

Its the bottom left icon of the comp window. When working with multiple comp viewers you need to set the one you want to live preview.  

always preview.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still the same thing, single clicking alt updates, holding alt and hovering doesnt change

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody have any idea what this could be?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2020 0