Highlighted

Lagging when animating

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I've been using After Effects at work for years, and rarely experience any problems. However, recently I have started experiencing a strange problem with lagging. Whilst animating, moving the playerhead is incredibly slow and seems to jump about, rather than move smoothly. I have cleared cache, reinstalled the programme, restarted my PC, prioritised the RAM, reverted to previous versions, working in 'Quarter' resolution, and have tried searching the net to see if anybody is experiencing, or has previously experienced the same problem as me, but no luck! 

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help with this, as it's really slowing down my work process!

Thanks in advance! 😄

Abbie

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lagging when animating

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I've been using After Effects at work for years, and rarely experience any problems. However, recently I have started experiencing a strange problem with lagging. Whilst animating, moving the playerhead is incredibly slow and seems to jump about, rather than move smoothly. I have cleared cache, reinstalled the programme, restarted my PC, prioritised the RAM, reverted to previous versions, working in 'Quarter' resolution, and have tried searching the net to see if anybody is experiencing, or has previously experienced the same problem as me, but no luck! 

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help with this, as it's really slowing down my work process!

Thanks in advance! 😄

Abbie

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 13, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could simply be that CC 2020 is utter garbage and your hardware acceleration acts up. So unless you feel like going back to a previous version, spend some time straightening out your graphics drivers and checking the relevant settings. On the other end you may also want to look into your various cache folders and do some cleaning up, too. AE is terrible at dealing with damaged caches and the program verifying the caches over and over can consume a lot of processing power. Starting with a clean slate can help.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium,

Thanks for the reply!

I reverted back to the previous version which just made it worse, so now I'm back using the most up to date version again, and it's behaving the way it was before! I've cleared all cache and memory cache, still no joy!

It would be really helpful if Adobe could get back to me themselves and shed some light on what might be happening! It's so frustrating and a right inconvenience! 

Have a good day, and thanks again! 

Abbie 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0