Highlighted

Layer Transparency Error in AE v.17.1.3

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered an error that affected the layer transparency within a composition.  Specifically, the layer was partially transparent (perhaps 50% opacity) so that the underlying layer could be seen.  Adjusting the Opacity controls did not fix this problem.  Deleting the layers and creating new layers did not fix it.  Switching the layer positions from top to bottom / bottom to top did not help.  Opening the Windows 10 (v.1903) project file on an OSX (v10.14.6) system did not help either.

Finally I found a fix:  I rolled back AE version from the current 17.1.3 version back to last year's 16.1.3 version.  This older version of AE does not exhibit this transparency bug.

I'm posting this here in case others encounter the same bug.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Layer Transparency Error in AE v.17.1.3

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered an error that affected the layer transparency within a composition.  Specifically, the layer was partially transparent (perhaps 50% opacity) so that the underlying layer could be seen.  Adjusting the Opacity controls did not fix this problem.  Deleting the layers and creating new layers did not fix it.  Switching the layer positions from top to bottom / bottom to top did not help.  Opening the Windows 10 (v.1903) project file on an OSX (v10.14.6) system did not help either.

Finally I found a fix:  I rolled back AE version from the current 17.1.3 version back to last year's 16.1.3 version.  This older version of AE does not exhibit this transparency bug.

I'm posting this here in case others encounter the same bug.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 22, 2020 0

Have something to add?