• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers disappears after pre composing them

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I hope everyone is doing well! I'm hoping someone will be able to help me as this is a really frustrating issue, I'm following a tutorial to create a forcefield within my scene and everything was fine unti I precompased two layers together, when I do this the fractal noise that I have created vanishes. I'm guessing its something to do with the fact thats its a tracked 3D scene but I cant be sure. I will post screenshots of my timeline so hopefully someone can help me work out how to not make them dissapear as I have a deadline coming up soon. 

(p.s I would use 'collapse transformations' but I need to use the screen mode after the step of pre composing the layers together)

Many thnaks

Alex

help 1.PNGhelp 2.PNG

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

UPDATE

Looks like the problem is fixed when all the items in the timeline (nulls, camera, footage) is all comped together as one.

help 4.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the layers settings. The precomp isn't a 3d layer anymore, also the "sun" is not activated. Doing one of both might be the solution.

If you tracked and linked tracking data, this can also cause the issue. You need to re-link them.

For more details, we need more input.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin, Even with the 3D button turned on and it relinked it still is not appearing, I can't use the sun button as I need to access modes for the next part of the tutorial. help 3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE

Looks like the problem is fixed when all the items in the timeline (nulls, camera, footage) is all comped together as one.

help 4.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can fix the problem easily by just clicking Collapse Transformations. That is the professional way to get the main comp camera and lights to see the 3D layers in a nested comp (pre-comp).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines