• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers shown in flowchart, but not on the Timeline????

New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have a problem which I have ever experienced before. I have checked through the internet for a solution but I cant find anything! Now, I hope some of you After Effects gurus can explain to me what is going on!

So I downloaded a project earlier from the internet which I wanted to use and edit for myself. The thing is, that I cant find all the elements on the timeline or in any comp. But I can see that there is alot more layers in the comp if I look on the flowchart.

For example when I look on the "Main" comp. All I can see is compositions named "PlaceHolder1, 2, 3" and so on. Where you will place your own footage insted of what the original creater used.

But the rest.. All the solids, displacements, adjustment layers, null object, they are totaly gone from the timeline, when I can clearly see that there is alot more than just "placeHolders" in the flowcharts. Is it possible somehow to hide all these layers to make it easier for the "new user"?

If thats the case.. How can I make it possible for myself to see and edit all these other things?

I will add that I had to convert the project into another version of AE when I started it, if that relevant.

SCREEN AE.png

 Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have Hide Shy layers turned on in the timeline. It is the little Kilroy was here icon that is blue. Turn it off and the shy layers will show up.

For those of you that were never really taught history: Kilroy was here - from WWII

bd2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much! Finaly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!!!!!!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines