Lightning fade out

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I had some footage of an incoming storm and I wanted to spice it up a bit with some lightning.

I downloaded a .mov of lightning and it looks ok but I'm really struggling trying to get the lightning to fade out to look more realistic. See attached clip of what I'm going for. Is it achievable with a .mov and using something like fractal noise and a luma matte? Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightning fade out

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I had some footage of an incoming storm and I wanted to spice it up a bit with some lightning.

I downloaded a .mov of lightning and it looks ok but I'm really struggling trying to get the lightning to fade out to look more realistic. See attached clip of what I'm going for. Is it achievable with a .mov and using something like fractal noise and a luma matte? Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 04, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Realistic is such a relative term, given that the clip is slowed down at least 20 times from its actual speed. And this isn't even the only way a lightning bolt can collapse. You know, physics. So whatever you have in mind quite likely can sufficiently be faked using Fractal Noise, Roughen Edges, Turbulent Displace and applications of glow, even more so if it's moving faster than the reference clip. Either way, if you want more specific advise, you have to explain in more detail and show us at least a screenshot of the actual clip.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0