• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking a layer to part of a Puppet Mesh

May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So basically I have two seperate animated layers and one of them [ The secondary ] is supposed to be attached to the other [ The main ] but for ease of animation I seperated them. Now, I want the secondary layer to be attached to a part of the main layer's Puppet Mesh without adding a Pin to the mesh because adding a pin will sacrifice the movement factor of that specific part of the mesh unless I animated it which will just cause more hassle.

I used the expression below and it worked but the secondary layer isn't following the main's movement which results in an unaturally still animation.

l = thisComp.layer("PUPPET_LAYER");
l.toComp(l.effect("Puppet").arap.mesh("Mesh 1").deform("Puppet Pin 1").position);

Is there a way to attach the secondary layer to a part of the main's mesh so that the secondary follows the movement of that part specifically? 

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long and short: No. Unless there is a pin, there is nothing to link to. The mesh data itself is not in any way accessible. You have to change your setup or manually move stuff around.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a way to add a pin or maybe a null to the specific area that doesn't effect the mesh? I thought of motion tracking the layer and having a null to the area but the motion tracker option is grayed out whenever I try to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines