• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

location of disk cache settings, change via script.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently we've been having heaps of changed with our animation machines, no prizes for guessing why thats happening.  We have a rather small root and /Users drive 250gig, but have a large media cache drive, for some users it has been configured correctly, but others it defaults to their Library directory, which quickly fills up the /Users drive.

I only have ssh access to the machines so I was wondering where these settings were stored, so I can write a script to change every user to the correct location. Or any other way to change this setting from command line.  I've spent 3 days trying to hunt this file down but have been unsuccesful.

Help me Adobe one kenobe community, you're my only hope.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This info is stored in the preferences just like normal.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you let me know which file?  I have run a find and grep on all the files in ~/Library and cannot find the setting.

I've looked in the obvious files like com.Adobe.AfterEffects.plist and com.Adobe.After Effects.16.0.plist The only references I can find to the directory are in the Most Recently Browsed directories preference item.

I've looked in /Users/Shared/ and even in /Library/Application Support/, although I know it's not a global setting because each user who logs in has to set the disk cache.

I've grep'd everything that a "defaults read" spits out and still cannot find it.

Could you please be a bit more specific in your answer.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines