• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for AE Build Numbers

Participant ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a list of the internal build numbers and their associated changelogs to check some functions that require newer versions (e.g. responsive design - time) with extendScript.

I can read my current number with "app.buildNumber", but I'd like to write a statement like this:

if(app.buildNumber >= 58){

enable something that needs at least build 58}

else {enable something that works in older versions}

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think such a list exists. You'll have to create one on your own, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Idea how that should work? I can only install back to 16.1.3 with the CC Desktop Client and need at least 15.x information, because my team works with cc18 and cc20. And yes, I know that they should simply update to CC20, but thats sadly nothing I can control (big IT Departement...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: I figured out that the build numbers are not counted from the beginning of AE history (like the version names), but are in fact sub numbers for each version. So they would be useless for my aproach anyway.

I'll work with version names. And for those I think I should find changelogs on the Adobe homepage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines