• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking For Tutorial Feedback

Explorer ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I’m interested in trying to learn and tech myself how to design CGI 3D Sports Motion Graphics. Kinda like what you see on FOX SPORTS TV.

Something similar to this: MLB 2018 // Graphics Package for Fox Sports - YouTube

Obviously I don’t wanna have copyright issues and want to design my own Graphics.

On the Positive. I already have N idea in my head for what I wanna make.

In the Negativ. I am super clueless on how to use 90% of the Adobe Programs.

I do believe what I wanna do is in Ae. So if anyone wouldn’t mind helping me out in directing me the right way. I’d greatly appreciate the support

- PYRO

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

The example you chose has nothing to do with AE, or very little at least. That's 90% 3D animation, probably done in Cinema 4D or Maya.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The example you chose has nothing to do with AE, or very little at least. That's 90% 3D animation, probably done in Cinema 4D or Maya.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could replicate the Fox graphics package using Element 3D but it is going to take several days for you to get proficient enough to pull it off and you'll have to buy the plug-in.

I think it would be easier to do in Blender (http://blender.org) if you have not budget or C4D or Maya.

You could do the compositing in AE but the modeling and manipulation is much easier to do in a 3D app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool! I appreciate all the supportive feedback! I did try learning Blender back in High School. But that was like 15 years ago lol

- PYRO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Rick+Gerard  wrote

You could replicate the Fox graphics package using Element 3D but it is going to take several days for you to get proficient enough to pull it off

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion, you're taking the wrong approach. 

What you should be concentrating on is learning the software and not focusing on how to do one very specific thing that caught your eye.

Get a subscription to lynda.com and start following learning paths for After Effects & C4D.

Really any 3d package would be fine but since After Effects comes with C4DLite you might as well learn that.

You say yourself you're 90% clueless about Adobe software?  Then in my opinion you at the very least follow 2 or 3 "Getting Started With" or "Introduction To" tutorials for each of the software you want to learn.   There's vocabulary to learn, basic concepts, etc....

One of the biggest problems that people who approach learning the way you seem to be approaching it is that when they run into problems the lack the foundational knowledge to even articulate the issue their having & therefore don;t even know how to ask their question.

First spend a couple of months learning the foundations of the software.  Then start thinking about learning how to create a professional quality broadcast mograph bumper that matches the quality of someone who probably spent thousands of hours studying everything from animation principles & graphic design to codecs & containers. 

Having said all that...watch this Welcome

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool! I rellay Appreciate all this support. when I was describing the FOX Sports Ideas was only because I'm part of an eSports Organization called "Bloom eSports" and we're basically a Mix of Pro Gamers and Streamers through Mainly YT and Twitch. Kinda the reason why I look at the FOX Media Ideas though is because our Organization paid someone $15 to design a generated Image like the FOX Sports idea and me as a creative guy and a Streamer would live to do those for Content ideas for my Organization too. Here's my Organization's Site that you can see what I mean for the Animated Display: https://bloomesports.com/

https://bloomesports.com/

We also have a few more Ides on the eSports Twitter like these:

https://twitter.com/BloomeSports/status/972227851792531456

https://twitter.com/BloomeSports/status/971518533241782272

So we have stuff designed but now we as organizational Creative streamers wanna do this ourselves for the purpose of the $ Saving and so on. Plus that CGI Art I'd love to do to design some Media for the Local Sports organizations in my town. Things like my old High School that I couch football at and me trying to get into the Broadcasting end of things would be whay I wanna get into these graphics too

- PYRO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines