• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking to move a file that AfterEffects creates to organise my documents

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to re-organise my "Documents" folder and every time I open after effects it creates a folder in this path: D:\Users\<user_name>\Documents\Adobe\After Effects CC 2020

I wish to move that adobe folder into another, or change the path that after effects looks for, any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks in advance

Charles

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The folders that AE creates are for your User Libraries, User Presets, and saved Video Libraries. The User Presets (Adobe) is only an alias so no files are actually stored there. I have created an Alias for my Custom Presets that points to a Dropbox folder because I have almost 300 of them and I use at least one of them in almost every project I do and I want to have access to them even when I am working on somebody else's computer. 

I don't know any easy way to change the folder, just like there is no easy way to change the Library folders that Adobe and just about every other app that is more complicated than Notepad creates to manage all the assets. The Custom Presets folder I have in Dropbox is nearly 7 MB, but the entire Documents/After Effects 2020 folder is only 33KB. That's the magic of aliases. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines