• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loop_out is not defined

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i'm taking an after effects course so i don't know much about this program yet. I was trying to create a moving one leg loop with "loop_out (" cycle ", 0)" but I got an error and already checked on several pages what it could be, but I can't find a solution yet
Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?
Thank you

error.JPG

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Your syntax is wrong. If you are using the latest versions of After Effects you should get an auto complete.

The proper format for a simplified loop out looks like this:

loopOut()

Cycle is the default so it is not necessary to enter anything if you want to cycle. the second value counts the number of keyframes backward from the last keyframe to set the loop start and end. Zero is also the default and that means all keyframes will loop. 

The other options for the kind of loop you want to perf

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again.
I changed "loop_out" to "loopOut" and it was fixed, but if anyone knows why I would be very grateful if you could tell me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your syntax is wrong. If you are using the latest versions of After Effects you should get an auto complete.

The proper format for a simplified loop out looks like this:

loopOut()

Cycle is the default so it is not necessary to enter anything if you want to cycle. the second value counts the number of keyframes backward from the last keyframe to set the loop start and end. Zero is also the default and that means all keyframes will loop. 

The other options for the kind of loop you want to perform are:

"pingpong"

"offset"

"continue"

Please check out the expression language reference by typing loopOut or any other expression operator, or just expressions in the search help field in the top right corner of After Effects. That will take you here and you will find a description of how loop works about halfway down the page.

If something is not working for you in After Effects the first resource you should use is the Search Help field right there in the top right-hand corner of AE.

I am also curious about the training you are using. If it was high-quality training you never should have made the syntax error. Please post a link. I think the best place for a new user to start is the User Guide. You should also check that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

" am also curious about the training you are using. If it was high-quality training you never should have made the syntax error."

I've been using the exact syntax the original poster used for close to twenty years.  It wasn't until I finally (begrudgingly) subscribed to Creative Cloud and bumped up from my boxed copy of CS6 that I ran into this as well.  In fact, it's why I got to this thread thanks to "the Google".

Since I ran into this when loading an old project I need to refresh, my guess is they're using an older training.

Clint

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines