Highlighted

Loop Wave Warp Effect

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, beginner here

So I've imported a gif, I've got a shape layer on top with Wave Warp effect to imitate a shimmer of water. At the moment it's perfect - bar it jumping at the end of the gif (only a little, but to me it's very noticable). I've seen one thread that summed up what I'm asking; but the replies were far too complex for me (something about wave speed/phase and a lot of math talk). Can anyone just give it to me super simple on how I can loop the effect? 

PS - I like the rate of the effect and dont really want to change it much if possible 🙂 Screenshot 2020-07-03 at 17.05.53.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Loop Wave Warp Effect

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, beginner here

So I've imported a gif, I've got a shape layer on top with Wave Warp effect to imitate a shimmer of water. At the moment it's perfect - bar it jumping at the end of the gif (only a little, but to me it's very noticable). I've seen one thread that summed up what I'm asking; but the replies were far too complex for me (something about wave speed/phase and a lot of math talk). Can anyone just give it to me super simple on how I can loop the effect? 

PS - I like the rate of the effect and dont really want to change it much if possible 🙂 Screenshot 2020-07-03 at 17.05.53.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are planning on exporting another gif then you have to set up the comp so that the first frame and the last frame are identical. You can check that with the Snapshot tool. If the GIF you imported is not a seamless look then you'll have to find a frame that matches perfectly then set a marker on that frame. If the gif is seamless then the in point frame will be slightly different than the last frame. It will be the frame before the image is identical.

Once you have that figured out you will need to go to the end of the gif where you marked the identical frames or one frame after the last frame of the gif and adjust your wave warp settings to get them to perfectly match the first frame of the animation.

When you get the first and last frame of your animated layer to match up exactly, step back one frame, set the work area to that frame, trim the comp to the work area, then export the file using the Render Cue and the default Lossless preset in the Output Module. Open the rendered movie in Photoshop and verify all of the motion settings and use Photoshop to export your seamless gif. That's how you make a seamless gif. I can't tell you what settings to use for Wave Warp because you have more than one instance going on and it's too hard to figure out what is doing what at what time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 0