• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

loopOut(); doesn't work

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! I have a problem with the loop expression. I have a few layers that I would like to loop and I've looked for some tutorials to see how I can do that. I found the loop expression, great thing, but it only worked once and now, I cannot make it work again.

What I did :

- Right-click on the clip > Time/Activate time remapping, the keyframes at the beginning and the end of the clip appear.

- Alt-click on the clock then enter the loop expression : loopOut(); or loopOut("cycle"); or loopOut(type="cycle"); (i've tried all)

At this point, the clip is supposed to "extend" on the time line (according to what I've seen in the tutorials), but it doesn't work.

I've tried to make it on a clip, on a composition, but the result is the same. The expression just doesn't work at all. It only worked once, the first time, when I only have one clip and it was 100%, now that I've resized it and moved it, the expression just doesn't work at all...

Can you help me ?

i7-7700k/16GB/GTX660

After Effects CC 2020 17.1.4 (build 37) up to date.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

You must extend the layer once you have created the time remapping with the loop expression as AE doesn't do it automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must extend the layer once you have created the time remapping with the loop expression as AE doesn't do it automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that worked. Thank you !

It's strange that in the tutorials I've seen they did not need to do that... but whatever, as long as it's working now 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You simply did it wrong.

That's the correct way:

1. The layer you want to loop have to be shorter than your composition, otherwise the loop is pointless.

2. Activate time remap, go to the last keyframe, step back one frame, set a new keyframe, delete the last keyframe

3. apply the expression

4. extent the layer by dragging it's end to the right

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your answer. But...

1. It already is shorter.

2. I don't have the last keyframe glitch (or I don't see it, since my clips are fade in/out to black) I might need that later when the back ground of my composition will be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines