• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LoopOut() Problem

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a precomp with sequenced layers. I want to loop it in another Comp. I used this route which always used to work for me:

-Trim pre-comp to the work area as long as the layers go.

-Enable Time Remapping on the pre-comp

-Extend time of the pre-comp

-Alt-click on the Time Remapping

-LoopOut() expression

-Create a new keyframe before the last keyframe

-Delete the last keyframe

For some reason this no longer works, the pre-comp loops, but I still get one black frame in the loop. I did these steps in different orders, just in case, and still no difference. What could I be doing wrong?

I'm using AE 2020.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that the first and last keyframe show you an image by turning off the loop expression and using the J and K keys to move back and forth between those frames. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick, yes, first and last keyframe show an image. But meanwhile I discovered that when I don't do the "put a keyframe before the last keyframe and delete the last keyframe" step, it actually loops properly without the black screen. So odd! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines