• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low poly face disintegration

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I wondered if anyone had any tips on making a low poly face illustration similar to the link, disintegrate with After Effects so the triangles would float away from the face like particles. Or in reverse they would float inwards. Is there any kind of effect or use of expressions? Cheers

https://pixabay.com/illustrations/man-face-low-poly-portrait-3756152/

TOPICS
Expressions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be easy as pie in Plexus, but it's a commercial plug-in you need to buy. Similar stuff could of course be cobbled together using Element 3D, Tao/ MIR and so on as well, but they, too, are commercial plug-ins you need to pay for. Beyond that of course this is pretty much standard stuff in any 3D program - disconnect the polygons, apply some deformer/ modifier or physics simulation. Really depends how much money you want to spend and how much time you have to learn and figure out things. The same would apply to the only viable option in AE - good old shatter effect with a custom map to define the pieces. Creating the map alone could take ages and the result still may not look that great.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks for the tips Mylenium. I don't really want to spend the money right now but I have time. At the moment I have a 2D head created in Illustrator, I could have a go at recreating this in 3D form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the polygon lasso tool and do blur averages w/ triangles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines