• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Luma Matte Layer doesn’t follow when used on a Precomp

Participant ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use continuesly rasterize button when moving whole precomp to get clear resolution but the alpha matte remains at the same position.What should i do?

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , FAQ , How to , Import and export , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In one screenshot I see a nested comp named Scene Comp and it has position values and no effects.

In the other screenshot, I see layers 9, 10, 11, and 12 with some effects and transform properties but I don't know what comp that is. The only Luma Matte I see is 10 is used for 11 but they appear to be the same footage and both have curves. 

I have no idea what is going on with those layers or what collapse transformations has to do with anything. I don't even know where layer 11 is in the comp. I can only assume that there is something missing in the Scene comp. Please clarify, and please use the toolbar to embed your images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the video i made explaining it

https://we.tl/t-IOAzZuX8D6 

Skate rink layers are luma matted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still need a flow chart to see what is going on. A fully expanded flow chart. It looks like you are poking a hole in the purple background layer somehow and that the layer could possibly be 3D. I don't understand why you are using a copy of the same layer as a track matte twice. Layer 8, 9, 10, and 11 all seem to be the same layer with different effects applied. There is nothing about the screenshots or the screen capture movie that makes any kind of workflow sense to me at all. 

You are scaling down the nested comp so Collapsing Transformations is not going to gain you anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution from somewhere else. 

Thanks anyways

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What was the solution? Where was the problem?

The only way I can reproduce the problem is if one of the layers in the comp is 3D and not at zero Z. I explained that in my second reply. And I'll say this again, collapsing transformations does not buy you anything unless you are scaling up layers. There is no improvement in quality if you scale them below 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines